Translate

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Crushed it!!

I arrived at Inlingua a little nervous but prepared for anything. I meet with Patrick and tell him of my travels so far and my interest in teaching at Inlingua. Of course he knows what I am going to ask but in the beginning I skirt the issue. Telling him about my morning walks through town, around the Promenade, playing guitar in the park and my general interest in Münster as a whole. Before I tell him I only have 8 days left on my Visa, I tell him that I have enrolled in a TEFL (Teach English as a Foreign Language) course and show him my resume. At this point we had been talking for twenty minutes or so and he is sold. I got the job.

The problem however, is that getting a work Visa can take up to 8 weeks. The rules were changed in May of this year and instead of getting a work visa in a couple days, it now takes 6 to 8 weeks. So we fill out the necessary paper work and send it off. With that, I need to leave Germany and return as soon as the paper work is complete. I have booked a flight to Zadar, Croatia on Monday the 8th and will spend two nights in a hostel there before heading to Split and ultimately Dubrovnik. I am not sure how I will do it yet, but I plan on spending at least the next 6 weeks in Croatia or somewhere nearby. I would have liked to stay, but you will not hear me complaining about spending 6 weeks on the Adriatic Sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment