Translate

Friday, August 5, 2011

Completely unexpected...

This morning Olga and I went through the steps of 'preparing' my Visa application. I was told that after making a few arrangements and sitting down with local Visa representative, I would be sending off my application for review. We sit down, Olga translates for me, and he tells us he would call us back in the room shortly. A half hour or more passes and I begin to wonder what could possibly be taking so long. All he needed to do was enter a few pieces of information into the computer, how long could that take? He would leave the room and come back, finally calling us back in. He tells me I need to pay 60 euros and he asks for my Passport. He finds a couple open pages and sticks the adhesive Visa into place.

I almost couldn't believe it. This changes everything. I was wondering what exactly I was going to do in Croatia for 6 to 8 weeks and now I will just go for a week to 10 days and scope out a country that has long intrigued me. This also opens the door to further travel through Europe. I still have not made my way to Scandinavia, and now it should happen sometime this fall.

...completely unexpected

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got everything worked out so easily! ;)
    *Stacey

    ReplyDelete