Translate

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Münster

I arrived in Münster on May 14th after meeting up with Brad. Brad is a friend from high school who has been living there for several years. We had spoken a couple times in the previous months and he convinced me to join him. I will probably stay in Münster off an on over the next month or two. So after two days in Koblenz, it is off to Münster, a three hour train ride.

Münster is a slower paced city of around 270,000 people. It's almost directly east of Amsterdam (three hours by train). And like Amsterdam, it is a huge biking city. Brad and I 'acquired' a cruiser bike, and I have been rolling around on that.

The first couple days I got a little situated and familiar with the town. A couple days in, I found a music shop and bought a guitar. A Fender acoustic with a travel bag. Since then, assuming it's not raining, I normal get on the cruiser and go to the park and play.

The apartment that Brad rents is pretty small and his girlfriend Olga is living there right now as well. So, with the three of us sharing a small apartment, I think it's important for me to leave from time to time. Sunday (May 22) I decided that I would travel to Interlaken, Switzerland.

No comments:

Post a Comment