Translate

Friday, June 3, 2011

I might not know much about art, but that was pretty special!!

I bought the ticket in my mom's basement about two months ago, and after a little hassle with shipping, the ticket arrived at Brad's apartment in Germany. I booked a cheap hostel in Paris and took the 6 hour train ride.

I would arrive in Paris and have two or three hours before I could check in. The walk from train station to hostel took about an hour and half, and would I end up waiting around until 5:30 before getting checked in. I quickly showered and took the subway to Bercy.

The venue is not huge, around 17,000 capacity, but the place is packed out. I found myself about twenty rows back and just right of center. As the show begins the band is playing between an opening in the wall, and as the show goes on the wall is slowly being built until at intermission the wall consumes the stage.

All the while the wall acts as a projector screen for the imagery of "The Wall." Very intense artwork that Roger and Pink Floyd had developed around the time of writing the album and later the movie. Some of my pictures can be seen here:


http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeffkittleson/sets/72157626874661146/


I may not know art, but that was pretty special.

Thank You Roger.

1 comment: