Translate

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

After spending over two weeks in Münster and a failed attempt to get to Estonia, I was on my way to France again. This time for a wedding. I had been invited to join my friend Todd, for Nick and Claire's wedding. Todd and I coached a hockey team in Fort Collins this past winter and along the way I was given an invitation to join them in France.

Monday (June 14) I caught a train to Paris, spent two days there, before heading to Bordeaux. A group of six of us took an hour taxi ride to Barsac, a small town in the heart of Bordeaux wine country. The wedding and reception would be held in Barsac, for a truly unique experience. The wedding started at 4:00pm and the reception ceremony would continue until 2:00 or 3:00am at least, with dancing until 5:00 or 5:30am. It is not a rushed process by any means. Plenty of champagne, wine and hors d'oeuvres of course, but the several course meal would be spread over three hours. The tradition of a French wedding is much different than that of an American wedding.

The next day it was off to Cap Ferret, an Atlantic coast vacation spot. We spent our two days on the beach playing soccer, cricket, swimming and just laying out. The first day was a little chilly, but the second day was pretty hot. Jumping in the ocean every hour or so was a nice refresher.

I got a chance to meet great people and share in an unbelievable experience I will never forget. The best wine, the best champagne and the best coffee. The french get it good, and I got a chance to get mine.

I have some pictures posted here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeffkittleson/sets/72157626896599887/


Thanks to Todd and the best of luck to Nick and Claire.

No comments:

Post a Comment